Overview of the Sensonic Sentry G3 Machinery Protection Monitor
The Sensonics Sentry G3 Universal Machinery Protection Monitor used for Continuous Monitoring is a high performance signal conditioning unit; providing a universal platform for the interfacing of various sensor types in compliance with the API 670 standard. Each of the four channels can be independently programmed to provide continuous monitoring and protection facilities across a broad spectrum of measurement regimes (including vibration, expansion, temperature, speed, etc). Utilising the latest DSP technology, once a channel is set up and running, the resulting alarm relay and analogue output facilities are independent from the remaining module functionality, resulting in a scalable high integrity configuration.
The module provides the necessary power source for the selected transducer, providing for 2 (ICP type) or 3 – wire accelerometer variants, ± 24V proximity probe systems, LVDTs and a range of speed & temperature sensors.
Each channel can provide independent analogue outputs of current and voltage for DCS connection in addition to an alarm relay. Further alarm relay expansion is possible through connection to digital outputs at the rear of the module.
Features of the Sensonic Sentry G3 Machinery Protection Monitor
Absolute Vibration – Selectable Measurement Modes
- AM1 Overall Level, Band limited (LPF & HPF)
- AM2 Overall Level, Fixed HPF & Tracking LPF
- AM3 Overall Level, Fixed HPF & Tracking Notch
- AM4 Fund and Harm Magnitude & Phase
- Programmable, 100Hz to 10kHz
- Constant Q, 35dB rejection Setting resolution 1%
- Tracking ratio of 0.1 to 10 of incoming Tacho
- Tacho division (multi tooth wheel) 1 to 60
Measurement Range, Accuracy and Resolution For AM1 & AM2 measurements
- Displacement 0–1000um max, ±0.2% typ, ±1.0% max
- Resolution of displayed readings better than 1%
Download the Sensonics Sentry G3 Universal Machinery Protection Monitor Technical Specification PDF