Velocity is the preferred measurement for most rotating machines with rolling element bearings and the ProvibTech TM016 transmitter is a precision solid state loop powered sensor that measures velocity vibration levels and provides a 4-20mA output proportional to the overall vibration level. The 4-20mA velocity output is interfaced into a PLC, DCS or other 4-20mA input devices.
The TM016 is easy to install. Drill and tap a hole on or near the bearing housing and connect the two wire output to monitor, record vibration levels and alarm or shutdown on excess vibration levels. The velocity output is available in peak or RMS.
Features of the ProvibTech TM016 Transmitter
- Loop powered 4-20mA velocity or acceleration (peak or RMS) output
- Wide operating temperature range -40°C to +120°C(-40°F to +248°F)
- Stainless steel housing
- NEMA4X, IP65 or IP67 environmental rating
- Multiple hazardous area approvals
- Frequency filter options
- Wide selection of mounting studs